Grievance Process for the Accessible Housing Program (AcHP)


If you are living in or applying for a unit in a Covered Housing Development, the development will have a Grievance Procedure.  Issues/complaints may be resolved by using that process. 
In addition, the HCIDLA Accessible Housing Program (AcHP) has a Grievance Process, described below, which can be used instead of or in addition to the procedure at the Housing Development.
HCIDLA’s Accessible Housing Grievance Process  
The AcHP will accept and investigate grievances related to accessibility and discrimination based on disability in regards to:
  1. Any of the Covered Housing Developments, including owner or property management actions;
  2. Housing programs and services offered in Covered Housing Developments;
  3. Denial of reasonable accommodations and modifications or denial of a unit, accessible or otherwise, in a Covered Housing Development;
  4. Accessible Housing Registry website;
  5. HCIDLA's program to provide accessibility and require compliance with applicable law and policies related to disability and accessibility in Covered Housing Developments; and
  6. The City of Los Angeles' implementation of the Settlement Agreement in the lawsuit Independent Living Center of Southern California, et al. vs. City of Los Angeles (U.S. District Court Case CV12-0551).
Grievances may be submitted: 
  1. Online click here.   
  2. By Email to AcHP at  You may save the online form to your computer, complete it, and email it to AcHP.
  3. By Telephone to the AcHP at 213-808-8550.  AcHP staff can help to complete the form and submit it on your behalf.
  4. By U.S. Mail.  Print the on-line form, complete it, and mail it to:  Accessible Housing Program, HCIDLA, 212 N. Figueroa Street, 14th Floor, Los Angeles, CA  90012
The use of the ACHP Grievance Form is preferred but not required.  If the Form is not used, please make sure to include all relevant dates and information about your grievance, and contact information for the parties involved.   Forms will be provided in alternate formats upon request. 
Other Grievance and Complaint Processes 
a.  Grievances related to Americans with Disabilities Act II (ADA) violations:  
b.  Grievances related to accessibility and fair housing: