Commission On Community And Family Services
The Commission on Community and Family Services advises the City’s leadership on issues of poverty, and the needs of children, youth and their families. It does this by providing guidance on how HCIDLA implements the Community Development Block Grant Program and other funding initiatives; ensure that the community provides input to housing development plans; facilitate an efficient social services delivery system in coordination with government, nonprofit agencies and other stakeholders that would help communities out of poverty, and make policy recommendations.
Meet our commissioners
We invite you to meet our commissioners and how they’re working to help our community and families out of poverty and into self-sufficiency.
- Benjamin Torres, President
- Deborah Marcus, Vice President
- Kelli Dillon, Commissioner
- Ingrid Estrada, Commissioner
- Peggy Graham Hill, Commissioner
- Jacquelynn Hawthorne, Commissioner
- Amelia Herrera-Robles, Commissioner
- Herpsima "Houri" Khatchadorian, Commissioner
- Nikki Legesse, Commissioner
- Dr. Mariedel Leviste, Commissioner
- Tara Maxey, Commissioner
- Rebecca Pleitez, Commissioner
- Rashad Trapp-Rucker, Commissioner
- Jesse Wilson, Commissioner
- Alexandra Zandueta, Commissioner
Meeting Agendas and Minutes
The Commission on Community & Family Services invites you to attend our events and board meetings. Please join us at our monthly meetings, usually held on the first Monday of every month at 9:30 a.m. in Room 1060, City Hall, 200 N. Spring Street, 10th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90012. Meeting agendas are generally finalized one week in advance. Find meeting agendas here and meeting minutes here.