The Los Angeles City Commission on the Status of Women is proud to announce that Los Angeles will host the 48th Annual National Association of Commissions for Women Conference on August 1-4, 2018, at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel in downtown Los Angeles.
Under the theme Cities Leading Women, the NACW Conference will gather Commission board and staff members, state and local legislators, national and local women’s organizations, and leaders in the non-profit sector, business, entertainment, and academia from across the nation.
Want to join? Register HERE!
The purpose of the 48th Annual NACW Conference is to share best practices, build relationships, and discuss innovative legislative policies and ways to support women and girls in an ever-changing world and globalized economy. Our panels and workshops will focus on:
- Creating Inclusive Work Environments
- Women's Stories: What's Missing
- The Intersection of Domestic Violence, Human Trafficking & Female Homelessness
- Using Technology to Elevate Gender Equality & Gender Equity
- How to Run for Elected Office
- Women Investing in Women
- Play Equity and the Olympics
- Women Veterans Navigating from Military Life to Civilian Careers
- From Global to Local: How to apply a gender lens to policies, programs, and budgets
The National Association of Commissions for Women, a 501(c)(3) organization, has represented the interests of state, county and city commissions for women for over forty-eight years. NACW is the only national advocate of women’s commissions who, in turn, represents the interests and concerns of millions of women and girls from all over the country.
For more information please visit: