Tenant Management and Occupancy Monitoring
The Occupancy Monitoring Unit is responsible for annual verification of tenant income and rent limits for all properties with a recorded HCIDLA regulatory agreement or covenant. HCIDLA restricts the affordability of certain housing units when the owner received a loan or a land use benefit from the City of Los Angeles. HCID will monitor projects annually for 55 years or the length of the affordability term.
HCIDLA REQUIREMENTS FOR PROJECTS
- Contact HCID before you expect to obtain your Certificate of Occupancy. We will provide Occupancy Monitoring training and answer any questions about annual reporting requirements. Urban Futures Bond Administration, Inc. (UFBA), our partner housing compliance firm, will guide you to all required documents, submission deadlines and annual rent and income schedule updates for your affordable housing units. You may visit UFBA at http://www.ufbahc.com
- Advertise your property before you start accepting applications at housing.lacity.org- HCID requires that all restricted units to be listed here to notify the public of the affordable housing opportunities. This website and its hotline 1-877-428-8844 is a free service provided by the City of Los Angeles, in partnership with the County of Los Angeles (LACDA).
- If you need assistance in income verification for your tenants, use this self-study guide for explanations of the sources of income when conducting income verification. This guidebook is published by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and available here.
LINKS TO HOUSING RESOURCES
- For affordable housing listings for all of Los Angeles County, call 1-877-428-8844 or visit http://housing.lacounty.gov/
- For questions about the Section 8 Program, visit: http://home.hacla.org/
- For questions about finding housing for people experiencing homelessness, visit: https://www.lahsa.org/
- For questions about Land Use covenants, visit: https://hcidla.lacity.org/Apply-for-land-use-services
PHONE: (213) 808-8806
MAIL: Los Angeles Housing + Community Investment Department (HCIDLA)
ATTN: Occupancy Monitoring Unit
1200 W. 7th Street, 8th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017